- Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Promotional Agency
- Categories: Marketing
- Beverages: Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: TBD
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
about this job
An experiential marketing company is looking for a Group Account Director (GAD) to work in their Fort Lauderdale, FL headquarters. The GAD will be accountable for leading a team and overseeing the company’s relationship with their client while strategically maintaining and growing business.
As the Group Account Director, you will be the champion of thought leadership and you will own the client relationship within the marketing departments of the client(s) that you are assigned. Specifically, this position requires a HIGH level of success in each of the six areas of core competency:
- Business Building
- Relationship Management
- Financial Management
- Industry Expertise
- Solutions Management
- Establish themselves as a trusted strategic business partner to the client.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and passion for their client’s industry/business.
- Develop and maintain appropriate levels of communication with the client, team members and senior management.
- Track, measure and communicate all progress on national and local scales to ensure the client’s goals are met and exceeded.
- Deliver and execute programs at quality levels that are on strategy and within budgeted guidelines.
- Proactively manage and forecast budgets and revenue streams; manage invoices and receivables.
- Identify new business opportunities and lead appropriate agency response.
- Assist in screening candidates both internally and externally.
- Work closely with TEAMs recruiters to fill open positions.
- Conduct interviews and assist in selection of top the candidates.
- Communication/negotiation of all job offers.
- Coordinate the start date and transition of new or transferred employee.
- Schedule and execute semi-annual and annual reviews in order to ensure employee growth and success with TEAM Enterprises.
- Follow disciplinary action procedures as needed.
- Develop and manage staff to ensure quality of work and drive client satisfaction.
- Conduct initial trainings consisting of classroom, client interaction and field activity for new hires.
- Provide ongoing training, development and motivation to team.
- Follow performance management procedures as needed.
- Implement and reinforce internal and external critical processes
- Outstanding ability to think strategically, identify and resolve problems in a client-centric environment.
- Ability to conceptualize goals and objectives for clients.
- Ability to analyze complex issues and to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations.
- Executive level communication and interpersonal skills.
- Build partnerships, manage and develop a cohesive team in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of stress tolerance.
- Ability to set department priorities, to lead and work cooperatively to support their requirements.
- Build and establish internal relationships with other departments (finance, hr, creative, field, etc.) with the goals of strong collaboration, communication and chemistry to stimulate better and more efficient solutions
- Strong managerial experience, including experience developing and mentoring a staff of client service professionals.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy and self-motivation.
- BA/BS in Marketing or Business preferred.
- At least 8 years of client management experience working on large, integrated accounts.
- 6+ years of people management and development experience.
- Advanced computer skills in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Beverage industry experiences preferred
- Proven track record of successfully directing and managing client-service focused projects and people
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, leadership, problem solving, organizational and motivational skills.
- Prior experience in experiential execution preferred.
about TEAM Enterprises
Based in Fort Lauderdale, TEAM Enterprises, an MDC Partners company (MDCA), is one of the nation’s largest and most successful experiential agencies, with a network of over 400 full-time employees and 7,000+ event specialists. The firm represents many blue-chip brands and produces immersive, interactive brand experiences that physically engage and influence consumers where they live, work and play. For over 20 years TEAM has been impacting consumer behavior through tactics including experiential programming, special events, brand evangelists, sampling, street teams, brand and product launches, vehicle tours and more. For more information visit www.teamenterprises.com and Facebook.com/TEAMenterprises and on Twitter @TEAMenterprises.