- Location: Chicago, Illinois 60607
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Spirits
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: TBD
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
about this job
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for executing the strategic direction, assuring achievement of sales goals and implementing the extensive marketing programs within the assigned territory. This includes development of an annual forecast, budget and sales plan. The Regional Sales Manager actively manages ground up planning with each key account (distributor) on a semi- annual base and sets quarterly and annual objectives.
Essential Functions for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Program and carry out effectively sales calls individually as well as in team and develop strong relationships with key accounts across the territory
- Coordinate sales efforts to ensure implementation of overall strategy and marketing programs as well as sales performance
- Ensure that proper Brand standards and Trade standards are worked on in the market and achieved.
- Connect with the wholesale network to coordinate and execute a broad range of activities such as product training and presentations, account calls, tastings, promotions, events.
- Connect with the on and off premise trade to organize and manage promotions and events while simultaneously managing an assigned budget
- Work with Portfolio Management and Marketing teams to execute and monitor effectively the designed programs creating efficiencies, growth in sales, in profits and cost performance.
- Identify and deliver on new and incremental selling channels while concurrently researching and identifying each specific market structure and account base.
- Obtain results by effectively utilizing resources and budget provided.
- Determined work ethic in order to compel wholesale and retail focus upon the brand.
- Established productive connections and relationships within the alcoholic beverage industry, particularly as to wholesalers and chain retailers.
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- At least 5 years business/sales experience in the alcoholic beverage industry
- Strong organizational, communication and inter-personal skills to relate cross-functionally in a fast paced business environment.
- Strong communication ethic in getting back to customers, suppliers and internal company personnel.
- Experience in leading sales staff. Performed functions of training, developing, coaching, disciplining and conducting performance reviews with subordinates.
- Ability to draft, analyze and interpret general and financial business reports and projections. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Experience and knowledge of customer service processes and operations.
- Ability to solve practical and critical problems and deal with a variety of situations and conclude with a resolution.
- Knowledge and hands on skills with Microsoft Word,Power Point and Excel.
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time.
Candidates with strong distributor relationships in IL, WI, MN, MI, OH and IN are highly preferred. Qualified candidates living anywhere East of the Mississippi are encouraged to apply.