- Location: Goshen, New York 10924
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Distributor
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Sales Manager, Vice President of Sales and President
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises and trains salesmen and merchandisers.
- Works with sales management to achieve goals.
- Makes calls on non-alcoholic accounts and fills in for salesmen vacation/sick days.
- Ensures that all personnel have knowledge of all products, pricing and POS.
- Searches for new opportunities with displays, shelf space, POS and new items.
- Coordinates ordering and set-up of new items.
- Monitors sales, pricing, quality, out of code and returned product.
- Monitors and maintains product freshness and inventories.
- Responsible for placement, maintenance and inventory of POS items.
- Assists salesmen in organizing and conducting promotions.
- Organizes and conducts sales team meetings at least once per week.
- Conducts team sells.
- Utilizes shelf set program.
- Monitors competitive pricing, displays, shelf pace and POS.
- Maintains and improves company and product image.
- Announces and posts incentive updates and results.
- Works with representatives from various suppliers.
- Completes required reports on time.
- Completes all required training.
- Communicates opportunities and problems to sales team, operations and accounting.
- Makes sure the Sales Process and Merchandising Process is being followed.
- Take accountability for your entire Georgraphic Market (execution and product freshness).
- Focuses on value-added services and responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
On the job training
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver's license
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Time management skills
- Communication skills
- Basic computer skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme cold (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock.
about Dana Distributors Inc.
Since 1970 Dana Distributors, Inc. has been serving Orange County the freshest beer in the industry. We extended our service area to Rockland County in 2000 and Sullivan County in 2001.
We will continue to attain a measure of performance that assures that our customers recognize us as the finest distributor of premium quality beverages and service in the industry.
“Making Friends is Our Business”