- Location: Brooklyn, New York 11205
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Other
- Beverages: Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: CEO & General Manager
- # of Direct Reports: N/A
We are looking for a successful hospitality manager to manage and grow our tasting room and event venue business. This position is responsible for managing day-to-day tasting room operations, growing the tasting room through organic and new sources of revenue, executing large scale brand events and expanding use of the overall facility as a venue for large-scale events. This person will report directly to Co-Owners and General Manager and will work collaboratively across many groups in the organization, including Marketing, Sales, and Distillery Operations.
This person should have experience running teams and have been part of the growth cycle of a bar, or other hospitality venue with a substantial beverage program, where he/she has been part of both defining and executing an overarching strategy. In this fast-paced, highly-demanding role, he/she will be tasked with being the go-to person for the distillery’s on-site brand experience and will work closely with the senior leadership team to build the tasting room and venue lines of business.
Specific job duties include:
- Manage day to day tasting room operations, including opening/closing, bar management, inventory management, portering, scheduling, managing staff, maintenance and upkeep of tasting room and backyard facilities, etc.
- Manage a staff of up to ten people, coaching, mentoring, and developing skill sets of associates
- Curating and executing a one-of-a-kind guest experience that fits our brand strategy
- Work closely with the Marketing team to properly market the tasting room and venue to the local community and others in the Tri-state area
- Grow top-line revenue via:
- Organic growth
The successful candidate will have been in a leadership position in the hospitality industry for a minimum of 5 years with specific experience in bar, restaurant and venue management. This individual will understand how to run a successful, efficient, and profitable bar, curate an on-brand experience, and develop, plan, promote and execute both small and large scale events.
The ideal candidate is goal-oriented, intensely competitive, an ambitious self-starter and a natural leader. This individual will be bright and entrepreneurial with a drive for excellence. He/she will have a team player orientation and a high sense of urgency and energy. He/she also has:
- A love of Whiskey!
- Ability to work well in a high-pressure hospitality environment
- Solid customer service skills and ability to resolve guest concerns/complaints using good judgment, professionalism and courtesy
- Ability to manage a team of up to 15 people effectively, managing the guest experience and ensuring all tasting room staff adhere to the high standards of our distillery at all times
- A motivated, diligent, and organized approach to bar and venue management with a proven track record of growth
- Ability to work, problem-solve, and manage independently and creatively
about Kings County Distillery
Kings County Distillery is New York City’s oldest operating whiskey distillery, the first since prohibition. Founded in 2010, Kings County makes handmade moonshine and bourbon out of the 115-year-old Paymaster Building in the Brooklyn Navy Yard. We use New York grain and traditional distilling equipment to make distinctive whiskey. Our whiskeys have won numerous awards from the American Distilling Institute, the American Craft Spirits Association, and our bourbon was recently named #2 craft bourbon by Eric Asimov of the New York Times. We only distill whiskey for our label and we never buy bulk whiskey from any other source.
First located in a 325 square-foot room in East Williamsburg, Kings County began as the smallest commercial distillery in the country, with five 24-liter stainless steel stills making whiskey seven days a week, 16 hours a day. In 2012, we moved into the Paymaster Building in the historic Brooklyn Navy Yard, just steps from legendary site of the Brooklyn Whiskey Wars of the 1860s and the former distillery district of the waterfront. With traditional copper whiskey stills fabricated in Scotland, wooden fermenters were built locally by Isseks Brothers, and a corn and barley patch at a small farm onsite, the distillery is a model of sustainable and traditional whiskey production and one of the preeminent craft distilleries in the United States. We offer tours and tastings every Saturday.