- Location: San Francisco, California 94104
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Distributor
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Wine
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: TBD
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
Fine wine Importer and Distributor is looking for a Wine Sales Rep who has a passion for fine wine and to call and develop ON and OFF PREMISES accounts in the SAN FRANCISCO AREA. Candidates must be a welcome self-starter with an eye for opportunities. Relationship-building qualities are imperative to enhance our client relationships and sales.
- Achieve monthly sales and placements goals, on and off premise, in the assigned territory.
- Organize cold calls to establish relationships and further market penetration.
- Follow-up with accounts and provide regular call reports.
- Provide a high level of service to support accounts.
- Conduct in-store tastings and wait-staff training.
- Work in the market to build strong customer relationships.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as a beverage distributor rep, supplier, or broker.
- Must live in or near the SAN FRANCISCO area.
- Goal-oriented personality with a proven track record of achieving sales and profit goals, and creating positive relationships.
- Strong follow-up skills.
- Wine knowledge necessary. We are willing to train the right person.
- Ability to thrive in a highly competitive environment.
- Proven presentation skills & polished interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational habits, with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the wine industry and sales success.
- Computer fluency.
- Valid Driver License with clean driving record and proof of insurance.
If you are interested in career opportunities with Grape Expectations, please send us a cover letter and resume outlining your job skills, employment history.
about Grape Expectations
Grape Expectations, Inc. imports and distributes premium quality wines from France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, Austrailia, as well as California and other major wine producing regions throughout the world. Founded in 1975, Grape Expectations provides direct distribution for its products throughout California, Oregon and Washington. We represent over 1,200 items from 300 producers and service 1,500 customers.
From the beginning, Grape Expectations has focused on representing a well-diversified range of wines from major wine producing regions throughout the world, and delivering the product with a superior level of service. Wine selection is carefully limited to highly-regarded and stable wine producers whom we feel over time will present a consistent balance of quality and value and whom we can represent on an exclusive basis in our markets. The service element begins with highly knowledgeable, responsible, professional sales personnel presenting the premium product to our clients, and follows through to correct order-entry and clean billing and prompt delivery (usually within 24 hours). Grape Expectations has distinguished itself with a reputation for efficient, hassle-free service.
Michael G. Temple, Former President and Founder, and Alan J. Pricco, President, comprised the senior management team at Grape Expectations. Mr. Temple, a proud alum of the University of California, was the original founder of the Company in 1977 and had been President since the Company’s formation until his untimely passing in 2015. Mr. Pricco joined the Company in 1988 as Vice President with responsibility for finance and administration and domestic supplier relations and domestic purchases. Prior to joining Grape Expectations, Mr. Pricco was Vice President in the corporate lending area of Mellon Bank. Mr. Pricco graduated from the University of California, Berkeley in 1972 and received an MBA from the University of Chicago in 1974. Mr Pricco, his son Logan, and Mr Temple’s son Andrew, are now responsible for import supplier relations, import wine purchasing, and sales.
Currently there are 64 employees; 26 in sales, 30 in warehousing/delivery, and 8 in administration. The Company operates three warehouses: Richmond, CA.; Portland, OR; and Seattle, WA.